Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Allegro DVT
GRENOBLE, France, September 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
At IBC 2013, Allegro DVT expands its encoding product line with the AL3200 appliance.
AL3200 is a cluster-oriented file-based transcoder, capable of encoding UHD assets sourced in various input file formats, up to 4K multi-rate HEVC at 60 frames per second, for adaptive VOD streaming or progressive download.
This advanced headend equipment was developed to help broadcasters target the following applications, thanks to the bandwidth savings (up to 50% bandwidth savings as compared to H.264/AVC) brought by HEVC:
- enhanced HD coverage on existing DSL networks.
- new generation mobile services.
- make the most of the extra bandwidth provided by FTTH networks and offer UHD services.
AL3200 appliance can be operated in two scenarios:
- For smaller deployments, as a singleton unit, where one AL3200 appliance hosts both the transcoding engine and our web-based management system, responsible for handling jobs queue.
- For large scale deployments, as a managed cluster node, where each AL3200 transcoding node is supervised by Allegro DVT's management system. In this case, the management node is responsible for dispatching jobs to transcoding nodes in a fair way.
AL3200 is available as a 19'’x1RU rackable appliance, or as a Genova software license in order to be used in conjunction with private clouds or virtual machines.
In addition, other Allegro DVT's HEVC products are updated, and AL1200/AL2200 live HEVC encoders/transcoders now support real-time encoding of 1080p30 content, delivered in MPEG-DASH or Transport Stream.
Allegro DVT will be showcasing AL3200 at IBC 2013 on booth 1.A46, so feel free to book you private demonstration at email@example.com .
Allegro DVT is a leading provider of H.264/MPEG-4 AVC|SVC|MVC and HEVC/H.265 solutions, including industry standard compliance test suites, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC and HEVC/H.265 encoder, codec and decoder hardware (RTL) IPs; and multiscreen encoders and transcoders. Allegro DVT products have been chosen by more than 100 major IC providers, OEMs and broadcasters. For more information, visit Allegro DVT's Website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, +33-4-76-42-66-85.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.