Woman alerts residents to apartment fire, helps get people out - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Woman alerts residents to apartment fire, helps get people out

Posted: Updated:
  • Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

  • Study shows instant ramen bad for the heart

    Study shows instant ramen bad for the heart

    Friday, August 22 2014 12:25 AM EDT2014-08-22 04:25:44 GMT
    Instant RamenInstant Ramen
    Its cheap and easy to prepare that's why instant ramen is such a staple for those low on cash and time.More >>
    Its cheap and easy to prepare that's why instant ramen is such a staple for those low on cash and time.More >>
  • Viral Video: Goliath grouper snags 4-foot shark from fisherman's line

    Viral Video: Goliath grouper snags 4-foot shark from fisherman's line

    A fisherman off the coast of Bonita Springs, Florida thinks he has a pretty nice catch. As he reels in a four-foot shark, his catch is stolen by an even bigger fish. A massive grouper pulls the sharkMore >>
    A massive grouper steals a four-foot shark from a fisherman's line off the coast of Florida.More >>
  • Man dubbed "Manoa Menace" arrested

    Man dubbed "Manoa Menace" arrested

    Friday, August 22 2014 3:01 AM EDT2014-08-22 07:01:06 GMT
    The man dubbed as the "Manoa menace" has been arrested, but not for harassing his Manoa neighbors.More >>
    The man dubbed as the "Manoa menace" has been arrested, but not for harassing his Manoa neighbors.More >>
TYLER, TX (KLTV) -

The Tyler Fire Department responded to a structure fire at the Wood Trail Apartments at the intersection of Shiloh and Paluxy shortly before 7 p.m., Wednesday.

According to fire officials on the scene, the fire started on the balcony of one apartment and spread to the roof, affecting four apartments. A resident saw the fire and alerted the people living in the apartments to get out. 

Fiveengines and one Ladder Company, along with a district chief and an investigator, responded to the scene. 

Firefighters worked quickly to contain the fire before it spread any further and ensured that all occupants were safely outside of the building.

Fire investigators believe the fire started near a container being used as an ashtray on an upstairsbalcony. Investigators say the fire patterns indicate that the fire had smoldered for a while prior to actual smoke and flames being noticed by the neighbor.

Displaced occupants were relocated to other vacant units bythe apartment management. 

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.