HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Molokai, Lanai, Kahoolawe, Maui, the Big Island.
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Maui County waters. Waters around the Big Island.
A Tropical Storm Watch means that Tropical Storm conditions are possible within the next 48 hours somewhere within the specified areas.
As of 5 p.m. Saturday, Flossie was 775 miles east-southeast of Hilo. Flossie's maximum sustained winds are 50 miles per hour with higher gusts. It was moving west at 20 miles per hour.
When a tropical storm watch is issued:
- Fuel and service family vehicles
- Prepare to cover all windows and door openings with boards, shutters or other shielding materials
- Store and secure outdoor lawn furniture and other loose, lightweight objects, such as garbage cans and garden tools
- Check and replenish disaster supply kits
- Have an extra supply of cash on hand
For the latest on Severe Weather conditions stay with Hawaii News Now and HawaiiNewsNow.com
To get the latest weather conditions on your mobile phone click HERE.