Evacuees of Yarnell returning to their homes Monday morning after the Yarnell Hill Fire were being asked to boil the water from the town's water system before consumption.
The Yarnell Water Improvement Association said the boil advisory was issued as a precautionary measure and that no known contamination has occurred. The association said water test results were expected on Tuesday.
Residents were advised to boil their water for at least 3 minutes, or to use bottled water.
The association said the water was safe for bathing and flushing of toilets, but that ingestion should be avoided.
Water intended for teeth brushing, drinking, food preparation, beverages, ice and dish washing should be boiled, and that boiled water could be refrigerated in a clean, covered container.
The association also is banning any outdoor or high-volume usage, such as car washing, landscaping or in cleanup efforts.
Evacuees were scheduled to start returning to their homes at 9 a.m. Monday. Residents will be asked for identification with a physical address. P.O. Boxes will not be recognized.
Utility crews continued to work to restore power, water, communications, gas, and transportation services.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
Arizona agency recommends nearly $560K fine in death of 19 firefighters. State workplace safety inspectors have released their investigation of the Arizona State Forestry Division in regards to the YarnellMore >>
ADOSH claims there were multiple instances of firefighters being "unnecessarily and unreasonably" exposed to the deadly hazards of wildland firefighting.More >>
Tuesday, December 3 2013 7:54 PM EST2013-12-04 00:54:31 GMT
An Arizona agency that investigated workplace violations related to the deaths of 19 firefighters is recommending action against the state Forestry Division. The Arizona Division of Occupational SafetyMore >>
The Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health will present its findings Wednesday to the state Industrial Commission.More >>
Tuesday, October 29 2013 11:42 AM EDT2013-10-29 15:42:40 GMT
Richard Taylor hosted a fundraiser at his Happy Barn in Hollandale, WI to help raise money for the Yarnell Fire Department to buy new fire fighting equipment lost in the wildfire that killed 19 firefightersMore >>
A Wisconsin man hosted a fundraiser and collected nearly $50,000 for new fire fighting equipment lost in the Yarnell Hill Fire that killed 19 firefighters on June 30, 2013.More >>
Friday, October 4 2013 1:32 PM EDT2013-10-04 17:32:24 GMT
One of the fallen Prescott Hotshots will be honored tonight at his old school. Travis Carter was a student at Orme School, a preparatory school near Mayer, starting in 1993. He was considered an outstandingMore >>
One of the fallen Prescott Hotshots will be honored tonight at his old school.More >>