Firefighters respond to propane leak on Maui - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Firefighters respond to propane leak on Maui

Firefighters from Wailuku and Kahului's Hazardous Materials crew responded to a propane leak at the Kahekili Terrace in Wailuku on Wednesday night, according to Maui Fire Department officials.

Occupants from 6 units of one of the buildings were reportedly evacuated for about an hour until the leak was stopped. A propane service line ruptured due to corrosion, authorities say.

The main valve from the property's propane tank was shut off until repairs could be made by the Hawaii Gas Company on Thursday morning.

No injuries were reported. No information on how many occupants were evacuated.

Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly