Lahaina Safeway evacuated due to fire

LAHAINA, MAUI (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Lahaina Safeway has been re-opened after it was evacuated for about an hour earlier Saturday morning due to a fire.

Fire crews were called to the scene shortly before 8:30 a.m. They found rapidly moving smoke coming from the baker's exterior exhaust vent system.

The fire was contained within the vent system. No monetary damages have been reported.

The cause is considered accidental due to the grease build up.

Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.