Pa. school asks students to cut back on body spray - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Pa. school asks students to cut back on body spray

Posted: Updated:
Image: Getty Image: Getty
  • Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

  • Study shows instant ramen bad for the heart

    Study shows instant ramen bad for the heart

    Friday, August 22 2014 12:25 AM EDT2014-08-22 04:25:44 GMT
    Instant RamenInstant Ramen
    Its cheap and easy to prepare that's why instant ramen is such a staple for those low on cash and time.More >>
    Its cheap and easy to prepare that's why instant ramen is such a staple for those low on cash and time.More >>
  • Viral Video: Goliath grouper snags 4-foot shark from fisherman's line

    Viral Video: Goliath grouper snags 4-foot shark from fisherman's line

    A fisherman off the coast of Bonita Springs, Florida thinks he has a pretty nice catch. As he reels in a four-foot shark, his catch is stolen by an even bigger fish. A massive grouper pulls the sharkMore >>
    A massive grouper steals a four-foot shark from a fisherman's line off the coast of Florida.More >>
  • Man dubbed "Manoa Menace" arrested

    Man dubbed "Manoa Menace" arrested

    Friday, August 22 2014 3:01 AM EDT2014-08-22 07:01:06 GMT
    The man dubbed as the "Manoa menace" has been arrested, but not for harassing his Manoa neighbors.More >>
    The man dubbed as the "Manoa menace" has been arrested, but not for harassing his Manoa neighbors.More >>

BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) - A Pennsylvania high school wants its students to cut back on the body spray.

Freedom High School in Bethlehem says 1 of its students was recently taken to a hospital after being exposed to Axe Body Spray. Now, officials are asking students to stop using it as a cologne or fragrance while attending the school.

Unilever, which makes Axe, says it is looking into the report. The company says in a statement that the safety and well-being of users "is always our first priority" and consumers with concerns should call the toll-free number on the back of the package.

School officials say the affected student is severely allergic to the spray. It wasn't immediately clear what type of reaction the student had or what chemical may have been involved.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.