Wednesday, August 20 2014 5:43 AM EDT2014-08-20 09:43:48 GMT
A young girl says she was standing up for her religious beliefs in the classroom after breaking a class rule.More >>
A young girl, who claims she was standing up for her religious beliefs in the classroom, was suspended after breaking a class rule of saying "bless you" after a classmate sneezed. More >>
SALT LAKE, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) -
The Honolulu Fire Department fire investigators have completed their investigation of the fire on Kukila Street in Foster Village and determined that the fire accidentally began in the garage and was caused by an electrical malfunction in a wall outlet.
The fire occurred on Wednesday, March 13 shortly after 5:30 p.m. Firefighters found the front half of the home engulfed in flames and began a rapid fire attack while also protecting neighboring homes. Firefighters had the fire under control at 5:55 p.m. and extinguished by 8 p.m.
The fire caused extensive damage to the house and destroyed two vehicles parked in the driveway. Fire investigators estimate the damage at $350,000 to the house and its contents and $25,000 to the two vehicles. There was no damage to other structures.
Four people home at the time of the fire were able to escape without injury. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.