HFD: Faulty wall outlet caused Foster Village house fire - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

HFD: Faulty wall outlet caused Foster Village house fire

Posted: Updated:
  • Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

  • Study shows instant ramen bad for the heart

    Study shows instant ramen bad for the heart

    Friday, August 22 2014 12:25 AM EDT2014-08-22 04:25:44 GMT
    Instant RamenInstant Ramen
    Its cheap and easy to prepare that's why instant ramen is such a staple for those low on cash and time.More >>
    Its cheap and easy to prepare that's why instant ramen is such a staple for those low on cash and time.More >>
  • Viral Video: Goliath grouper snags 4-foot shark from fisherman's line

    Viral Video: Goliath grouper snags 4-foot shark from fisherman's line

    A fisherman off the coast of Bonita Springs, Florida thinks he has a pretty nice catch. As he reels in a four-foot shark, his catch is stolen by an even bigger fish. A massive grouper pulls the sharkMore >>
    A massive grouper steals a four-foot shark from a fisherman's line off the coast of Florida.More >>
  • Man dubbed "Manoa Menace" arrested

    Man dubbed "Manoa Menace" arrested

    Friday, August 22 2014 3:01 AM EDT2014-08-22 07:01:06 GMT
    The man dubbed as the "Manoa menace" has been arrested, but not for harassing his Manoa neighbors.More >>
    The man dubbed as the "Manoa menace" has been arrested, but not for harassing his Manoa neighbors.More >>
SALT LAKE, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

The Honolulu Fire Department fire investigators have completed their investigation of the fire on Kukila Street in Foster Village and determined that the fire accidentally began in the garage and was caused by an electrical malfunction in a wall outlet.

The fire occurred on Wednesday, March 13 shortly after 5:30 p.m. Firefighters found the front half of the home engulfed in flames and began a rapid fire attack while also protecting neighboring homes. Firefighters had the fire under control at 5:55 p.m. and extinguished by 8 p.m.

The fire caused extensive damage to the house and destroyed two vehicles parked in the driveway. Fire investigators estimate the damage at $350,000 to the house and its contents and $25,000 to the two vehicles. There was no damage to other structures.

Four people home at the time of the fire were able to escape without injury. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

Related story: Family escapes unharmed as fire rips through Foster Village home

Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.