Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE Research and Markets
DUBLIN, March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q2f7pq/small_cells) has announced the addition of the Updated "Small Cells: Femtocell, Picocell (and Repeaters, DAS and WiFi)" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
Carrier-grade femtocells will grow by 200% CAGR
This latest forecast predicts strong growth in new types of small cells, including femtocells deployed by mobile operators and picocells used for high-capacity urban networks. LTE small cells are a major part of the forecasted growth over the next five years, with more than 2/3 of small cells deployed in 2017 devoted to LTE-FDD or TD-LTE.
Mobile operators now have experience with residential femtocells, explained Joe Madden, Principal Analyst at Mobile Experts. They are getting ready to extend this experience into enterprise and high-capacity scenarios. The author has talked with more than 30 mobile operators, as well as chipset and backhaul vendors to determine how quickly this market can grow. In short, explosive growth is coming.
Small Cells and HetNets: Femtocells, Picocells, DAS, Repeaters, Relays and Wi-Fi includes more than 74 charts and tables, providing:
- A five-year small cell forecast, including:
- Femtocells, including residential, enterprise, and carrier-grade femtocells
- Metro Femtocells or Metrocells
- Indoor and Outdoor Distributed Antenna Systems (I-DAS and O-DAS)
- Repeaters sold to operators and to end users
- Wi-Fi integration with small cells
- Analysis of the small cell forecast, including:
- Small Cells by world region
- Small Cells by air interface
- Small Cells by multimode and single mode
- Small Cells by frequency band
- Small Cells by power level
- Small Cells vs. DAS analysis in North America
- Cost analysis of macro base stations vs. small cells to illustrate the cost benefits of small cells, including CAPEX and OPEX over an 8 year depreciation cycle
- American Tower Corporation
- BelAir Networks
- Cellular Specialties, Inc
- Comba Telecom
- Communications Components Inc.
- DeltaNode Solutions AB
- DesignArt Networks
- Ericsson AB
- Extenet Systems
- Freescale Semiconductor
- Huawei Technologies
- Inner Wireless
- MobileAccess (Corning)
- Nokia Siemens Networks
- Powerwave Technologies
- Public Wireless
- RF Window
- RFS Radio Frequency Systems (RFS)
- Ruckus Wireless
- Shyam Telecom
- SOLiD Technologies
- Texas Instruments
- Tyco Electronics (ADC)
- Wilson Electronics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q2f7pq/small_cells
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: +1-646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.