Firefighters respond to house fire in Wahiawa

WAHIAWA, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A house fire occurred in Wahiawa on Walker Avenue Saturday afternoon.

A fire crew driving through the neighborhood spotted smoke and responded to the scene at around 2:30 p.m.

The fire was outside the house and burned some outdoor furniture. It appears that the flames may have spread from an unattended cooking fire.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire before it could make it into the home.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.