Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE North Carolina Division of Tourism
70+ Breweries and Tourism Partners Cover All of April, All of NC
RALEIGH, N.C., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With the most breweries of any state south of Pennsylvania and east of Texas, North Carolina is truly the South's beer stronghold. To celebrate the state's craftsmanship and the destinations where it's nurtured, breweries, hotels, restaurants and other businesses combine forces with the North Carolina Brewers Guild and North Carolina Division of Tourism for the inaugural North Carolina Beer Month, April 2013.
Throughout April, beer lovers will find special tours, tastings, dinners, classes and other events as well as lodging packages and deals on North Carolina craft beer. Travelers can chart a course from urban pub hubs and beer frontiers to lively towns with character to spare.
8 Inaugural Year Highlights:
- "Beer City USA" Experience, April 12-14, Asheville: Lodging at Aloft Downtown Asheville, a LaZoom Comedy Tour, visits to Highland Brewing and other hops spots, dining and more.
- Hickory Hops, April 20, Hickory: Festival hosted by Olde Hickory Brewing with 40-plus regional breweries, music, food and the Carolinas Championship of Beers.
- Spring Fling, April 20, Pittsboro: Spirited local festival featuring food, music and a new release from Carolina Brewery.
- French Broad River Floats, April 20 and 27, Asheville: Asheville Adventure Rentals excursion plus a tour and tasting at Altamont Brewing, a hot new arrival on the Asheville beer scene.
- NC Beer Lover's Weekend, April 26-27, Greensboro: Lodging at the stellar O. Henry Hotel plus a beer dinner and beer-cooking class.
- NC Brews Walkabout, April 27, Blowing Rock: Tasting tour through the lively Blue Ridge Mountains town with lodging packages that include a branded NC Beer Month stein from Traditions Pottery.
- Brewgaloo, April 27, Raleigh: Downtown celebration of the area's beer craftsmanship and culinary creativity.
- New releases: General Lenoir's Old Ale from Howard Brewing in Lenoir, based on a Revolutionary War hero's recipe; Up On the Sun, a Belgian-style saison from Birdsong Brewing in Charlotte; Pisgah Cosmos Baltic Porter from Pisgah Brewing in Black Mountain; Oyster Stout collaboration from Wilmington's Front Street Brewery and Charlotte's NoDa Brewing; and a Red Rye Ale from brewers in the Great Smoky Mountains.
Visit www.NCBeerMonth.com for details and more activities. For information on planning a North Carolina vacation, link to www.VisitNC.com.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.