(Hawaii News Now) - Four Seasons Resorts Lanai, in partnership with the Lanai community, HawaiiONTV.com and Jazz Alley TV, is pleased to announce the Third Annual Lanai Jazz Festival March 1-3, 2013. The melodic sounds of the base will bebop, swing and boogie through the upcountry of Koele for the complimentary three-day event, benefiting the Lanai Community Association. Jazz enthusiasts and novices will be treated to complimentary performances by legendary performers, including Grammy winner Delfeayo Marsalis; Grammy winner and saxophone master Eric Marienthal; Paula Fuga; jazz guitar duo Damon Parillo and Ron Hetteen; jazz duo Robbie Ray Lopaka and Dave Graber; Hawaiian jazz nose flute master Calvin Hoe; and The Jazz Alley TV Trio of Gene Argel, Paul Marchetti and Doug White.
The schedule of events include:
- Dessert & Jazz Under the Stars at The Lodge at Koele - Friday, March 1, 2013; 6:00-9:00 p.m. Enjoy music under the stars with the Jazz Alley Trio, along with special performances from the Lanai Jazz Festival Musicians. Savor a three course dinner at either the Terrace or Dining Room, followed by a dessert action station at the Pineapple Fountain.
- Coffee Works – Saturday, March 2, 2013; 9:00-11:00 a.m. Start the morning with a ‘Cup of Joe' and Jazz Guitarist Robbie Ray Lopaka's java jam session.
- Café 565 – Saturday, March 2, 2013; 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. Enjoy live music in Lanai City during lunch with jazz guitarist Damon Parillo.
- The Lodge at Koele - Saturday, March 2, 2013; 5:00-9:00 p.m. The Great Hall will come alive with an afternoon of award winning jazz music. The line-up includes Delfeayo Marsalis, Eric Marienthal, Paula Fuga, Damon Parillo & Ron Hetteen, jazz duo with Robbie Ray Lopaka and Dave Graber; along with the Jazz Alley TV Trio.
- No Ka Oi Grindz – Sunday, March 3, 2013; 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Special morning performance by jazz guitarist Robbie Ray Lopaka.
- Sunday Jazz Festival Brunch at The Lodge at Koele – Sunday, March 3, 2013; 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Begin your day with a special Sunday brunch performance by jazz pianist Gene Argel in the Great Hall.
- The Lodge at Koele – Sunday, March 3, 2013; 7:00-9:00 p.m. – Enjoy a hana hou performance in the Great Hall with Grammy winner Delfeayo Marsalis, complimented by a special dinner menu. Advanced reservations are recommended for dinner.
Four Seasons Resorts Lanai is currently offering special Kama'aina accommodations rates for Hawaii residents on select dates throughout the festival. For more information or to make room reservations, please call toll-free at (800) 321-4666 and ask for the Kama'aina rates.