(Hawaii News Now) - Acclaimed Off Broadway drama Hold These Truths, Jeanne Sakata's one-man show inspired by the true story of second generation Japanese-American Gordon Hirabayashi, travels to Hawaii for a limited engagement of six performances at Honolulu Theatre for Youth's Tenney Theatre February 21 – March 2, 2013.
Directed by Lisa Rothe and starring actor Joel de la Fuente (the principal talent behind the original Epic Theatre Ensemble New York production in October 2012), the show is presented by producer/actor Daniel Dae Kim and Honolulu Theatre for Youth (HTY). The production is dedicated to the memory of the late Senator Daniel K. Inouye, an American hero who was directly involved by the themes of the play. Proceeds will support the non-profit theatre and drama education programs of HTY.
Hold These Truths
* OPENING NIGHT Thursday, Feb. 21 at 7:30 p.m.
* Friday February 22 at 8:00 p.m.
* Saturday, February 23 at 8:00 p.m.
* Sunday February 24 at 3:00 p.m.
* Thursday February 28 at 7:30 p.m.
* CLOSING NIGHT Saturday, March 2 at 8:00 p.m.
* General admission is $20 for adults; $15 for students/seniors; limited premium seating available for $30.
* Tickets may be ordered online here.