This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
More than 40 leaders from Bluefin Labs, Spreecast, Tumblr, reddit, BuzzFeed, YouTube, ESPN and more will define the future of digital content
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) February 13, 2013
GigaOM, the leading global source of analysis on emerging technologies, has announced headline speakers for its annual paidContent Live conference, to be held April 17 in New York City. Executives from publishing, advertising, media, finance and entertainment will come together to examine the business of content, including the role data and algorithms play in bringing great content to the right user and how that data can lead to new monetization strategies.
Twitter’s recent acquisition of Bluefin Labs marks a significant shift in the way media companies are transitioning into the future – looking to data science to develop innovative new advertising products and consumer experiences. At paidContent Live, Bluefin CEO JP Maheu and more than 40 other influential leaders will delve into the implications data science has for media companies.
- Jonah Peretti, founder and CEO, BuzzFeed
- Shiva Rajaraman, director, product management, YouTube
- David Karp, founder and CEO, Tumblr
- Erik Martin, general manager, reddit
- Andrew Ross Sorkin, columnist, The New York Times; founder and editor at large, DealBook; and host, Squawk Box, CNBC
- Jeff Fluhr, co-founder and CEO, Spreecast
- Jason Pontin, editor in chief and publisher, MIT Technology Review
- Bob Bowman, CEO, MLB.com
- Jim Bankoff, CEO, Vox Media
- John Borthwick, CEO, betaworks
- Paul Caine, executive vice president, chief revenue officer and president, advertising, Time Inc.
- Rachel Chou, CMO, Open Road Integrated Media
- Lewis D'Vorkin, CPO, Forbes Media
- Mark Johnson, CEO, Zite
- Chet Kanojia, founder and CEO, Aereo
- Raju Narisetti, managing editor, The Wall Street Journal Digital Network
- Andrew Sullivan, editor, The Dish
See the full list of speakers and sessions here.
Discounted earlybird tickets for paidContent Live are available through February 15. Follow @paidContent on Twitter (#pclive) to stay up to date as new speakers and sessions are announced.
Some of the most influential companies in data have already lined up to sponsor paidContent Live, and sponsorships are expected to sell out early. Contact Mike Sly at to learn more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
paidContent is a global news site that provides insight and analysis on the future of media and digital content for decision-makers in media, entertainment, publishing, advertising, marketing, mobile and technology. We enable readers to understand major disruptions that are creating new opportunities in digital media. Our signature event, paidContent Live, examines the innovations, companies and people transforming the industry. paidContent was acquired by GigaOM in 2012.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM is the leading global source of analysis on emerging technologies. Our news, research and events provide deep insight on the companies, people and trends disrupting technology and media.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/2/prweb10425935.htm