Paraplegic man escapes burning Mililani home - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Paraplegic man escapes burning Mililani home

Posted: Updated:
Photo Source: Carroll Cox Photo Source: Carroll Cox
Photo Source: Carroll Cox Photo Source: Carroll Cox
MILILANI, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

By: Paolo DiGiovanni

A paraplegic man managed to escape his burning Mililani home Monday morning.

Investigators say the fire started around 10:45 a.m. in a front bedroom and then spread towards the back of the home.

Roland Stine, 61, was home at the time of the fire and managed to wheel himself to safety. Paramedics say Stine was taken to the hospital in serious condition. He suffered minor burns and smoke inhalation.

Damage to the three-bedroom-home and its contents are estimated at $250,000.

The cause of the fire is under investigation; however, investigators believe faulty electrical wiring could be to blame.

Copyright 2013 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.