(Hawaii News Now) - If you're considering a new career or career change, becoming a real estate agent may be an option for you.
A real estate career is rewarding and flexible.
· Because agents are independent contractors, you set your hours and style of working.
· Your career builds over time.
· You help people achieve their dreams and goals.
· You join a "community" of agents who share common goals and aspirations
A successful agent typically possesses the following qualities.
· Enjoys working directly with people and cares about their clients
· Has good organizational, communications and follow up skills.
· Likes learning about homes and the real estate market.
To become a successful agent, you need to
· Study real estate and pass the real estate exam.
· Hang your license with a real estate broker.
· We have found agents come from a variety of previous jobs and careers, including former fire fighters, nurses, flight attendants, teachers — all of whom are now running their own successful business.
· Learn the skills you need to successfully transact deals, gain clients and build your business. Basic skills include prospecting, market knowledge, marketing, analyzing market trends, financing, staging, negotiating.