Attorney withdraws Newtown lawsuit - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Attorney withdraws Newtown lawsuit

Posted: Updated:
  • Most ReadMost ReadMore>>

  • Study shows instant ramen bad for the heart

    Study shows instant ramen bad for the heart

    Friday, August 22 2014 12:25 AM EDT2014-08-22 04:25:44 GMT
    Instant RamenInstant Ramen
    Its cheap and easy to prepare that's why instant ramen is such a staple for those low on cash and time.More >>
    Its cheap and easy to prepare that's why instant ramen is such a staple for those low on cash and time.More >>
  • Viral Video: Goliath grouper snags 4-foot shark from fisherman's line

    Viral Video: Goliath grouper snags 4-foot shark from fisherman's line

    A fisherman off the coast of Bonita Springs, Florida thinks he has a pretty nice catch. As he reels in a four-foot shark, his catch is stolen by an even bigger fish. A massive grouper pulls the sharkMore >>
    A massive grouper steals a four-foot shark from a fisherman's line off the coast of Florida.More >>
  • Man dubbed "Manoa Menace" arrested

    Man dubbed "Manoa Menace" arrested

    Friday, August 22 2014 3:01 AM EDT2014-08-22 07:01:06 GMT
    The man dubbed as the "Manoa menace" has been arrested, but not for harassing his Manoa neighbors.More >>
    The man dubbed as the "Manoa menace" has been arrested, but not for harassing his Manoa neighbors.More >>
HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) -

A New Haven-based attorney has officially withdrawn a $100 million lawsuit against the state on behalf of two Sandy Hook Elementary School parents.

Attorney Irving Pinsky filed the original claim on Jan. 2 and previously told Eyewitness News that Connecticut "did not do enough to provide for their safety," referring to the children at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

On Dec. 14, Adam Lanza, 20, shot and killed his mother while she slept at her home before he went to Sandy Hook Elementary School and killed 20 children and six adults. He killed himself as police made their way into the building.

Pinsky, who has more than 20 years of personal injury experience, previously told Eyewitness News that Connecticut as well as other states are "failing to protect the children from guns."

"My intention in the whole matter is to stop the violence in the schools, which can be done," he previously said.

Attorney General George Jepsen's office previously released a statement, in which he said that he was "aware of no facts or legal theory under which the state of Connecticut should be liable for causing the harms inflicted at Sandy Hook Elementary School."

"The proposed lawsuit is utterly groundless," Jepsen, who would defend the state in a potential lawsuit, previously told Eyewitness News Tuesday. "The facts don't support the contention the state somehow showed neglect."

Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.