(HawaiiNewsNow) - With more than 27 acclaimed restaurants around the world, Chef Nobu Matsuhisa is returning to his Hawaii flagship restaurant, Nobu Waikiki, for the holidays, December 25 - 28, 2012. Nobu guests will enjoy personal time with the master, while savoring special Japanese and Peruvian-inspired holiday omakase:
December 24 & 25
$160 per person
- Amuse Bouche
- Whitefish Wasabi Ceviche with Caviar and Karasumi
- Scallops with Dry Miso
- Big Island Ahi Sashimi Salad with Spicy Matsuhisa Dressing
- Roasted Big Island Abalone with Uni Butter Crust and Maitake Mushroom Tempura with Truffle Salt
- Braised Wagyu Short Rib, Edamame, Lotus Root, Crispy Foie Gras and Miso Sauce
- Assorted Sushi
- Lobster Miso
- Greenwell Farms Coffee Tart, Roasted Almond Ice-Cream, Gingerbread Cake
New Year's Eve & New Year's Day Omakase
December 31 - January 1, 2013
$180 per person, $190 with Glass of Champagne
- Amuse Bouche
- Toro Tartare with Scallop Ceviche
- Kanpachi Jalapeno
- New Zealand King Salmon Confit with Dijon Mustard and Shiso Chimichurri
- Truffle Lobster Soba Risotto with Saffron Dashi
- Grilled Wagyu Roasted Shallots and Edamame, Red Wine Gastrique, Seared Foie Gras
- Assorted Sushi
- Seafood Albondiga Clear Soup (A traditional New Year's Day Ozoni)
- Pink Raspberry Champagne
Reservations are encouraged at (808) 237-6999 or www.opentable.com.
The Gift of Nobu:
Looking for the perfect holiday gift? Nobu dining gift cards are available at Nobu Waikiki and are honored at all U.S. Nobu restaurants. Chef Nobu Matsuhisa will be signing cookbooks during his visit at Nobu Waikiki December 25 - 28, 2012.
Nobu Waikiki Holiday Schedule:
· Christmas Eve - Open with special menu
· Christmas Day - Open with special menu
· New Years Eve - Open with special menu
· New Years Day - Open with special menu
Nobu Waikiki Hours of Operation:
· Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
· Friday and Saturday: 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
· The Lounge at Nobu is open nightly from 5:00 p.m. - midnight and features the exclusive $10 Nobu tapas.
Reservations are available at (808) 237-6999 or www.opentable.com·
Follow Nobu Waikiki happenings on Twitter at http://twitter.com/NobuWaikiki <http://goog_550868776/> or Facebook at <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Honolulu-HI/Nobu-Waikiki/117484008280126>
· Official website: <http://www.noburestaurants.com/waikiki/experience/introduction/>
· An 18% gratuity will be added for parties of 5 or more.
About Nobu International
Nobu, the world's most recognized Japanese restaurant known for its innovative new style Japanese cuisine, started as a business partnership in 1994 between chef Nobu Matsuhisa and his partners actor Robert De Niro, producer Meir Teper, and managing partner Richie Notar. With the original restaurant in New York, the Nobu brand is now an empire that spans across the globe, from London to Tokyo, Las Vegas to Malibu, Milan to Miami Beach, Dallas to Paradise Island, The Bahamas, Hong Kong to Waikiki, and Melbourne to San Diego, with the most recent opening being Nobu Beijing. Nobu restaurants, all a visual and culinary delight, continue to win unprecedented praise and rave reviews from such publications as the New York Times, the Zagat Surveys, and the Michelin Guides. The restaurants' perennial popularity and devoted following are a tribute to Nobu putting his own spin on traditional Japanese cooking. For additional information, visit www.noburestaurants.com.
Hawaii News Now
420 Waiakamilo Road, Suite 205
Honolulu, HI 96817
Main (808) 847-3246
News (808) 847-1112