LOUISVILLE (WAVE) - 'Tis the season to gift, but when receiving we all know sometimes things can get a little awkward.
Couponcabin.com did a random sampling of American adults, and put together a list of some of the most awkward gifts ever received.
The survey showed 41% reported they have re-gifted an item, meaning they have received a gift from someone and given it to a different person as a gift.
Somebody has to get those second-hand gifts, and 35% questioned said they've received what they believed to be a re-gifted item.
When asked what was the most awkward gift they have ever given or received, U.S. adults said the following:
- Gift card with the name of the person who just gave it to me in the "to" section.
- A bag of dog food. I own a cat.
- Bowling ball from my in-laws. I hate bowling.
- Bracelet with someone else's name on it.
- 3 expired bottles of BBQ sauce.
- Nose hair clipper.
- Condoms and a cheese steak.
- A gift card with a zero balance.
- 5 quarts of oil and a filter for my car.
- Workout videos.
- An answering machine for a land line phone. I don't have a land line phone.
- Woman's sweater. I'm a man.
- The whole Beverly Hillbillies series on VHS tapes.
- Set of jumper cables.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.