(HawaiiNewsNow) - Whole Foods makes the holidays easy with tips and pre-made meals for Thanksgiving!
- It's easy to spread holiday cheer when you've got time to spare, thanks to Whole Foods Market's selection of tastes-like-home-cooked prepared meals including turkey and vegetarian options starting at just $10.99, per person.
- Whole Foods Market's trained butchers are also available to help shoppers choose the best bird for their budget -- from turkeys raised this season to reach the perfect size then processed and stored just above the freezing point; to fresh brined kosher; organic; or heritage and heirloom turkeys, raised for their remarkable flavor.
- Whole Foods Market has an assortment of all-natural and organic free-range turkeys and is one of the only stores on the island to carry turduckens -- a partially de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck, stuffed with a small de-boned chicken -- made-to-order.
- Whole Foods Market is lending a helping hand with Thanksgiving turkeys this season, with tips and fun facts on everything from choosing a turkey, to cooking it, and even carving it. A few tips include:
- When ordering or selecting a whole turkey, allow at least 1 pound per person, plus an extra 1/2 pound per person if you want leftovers.
- To thaw a turkey, the safest way is to put a tray or pan underneath the bird in its packaging to catch drips and place it in the refrigerator for one full day for every five pounds of turkey. Or to speed things up a bit, make sure the turkey is sealed in a leak-proof wrapper and place it in a container large enough to completely contain it. Add cold tap water to cover. Change the water every 30 minutes and allow 30 minutes of thawing time per pound.
- One easy way to flavor a turkey is to combine dried herbs and seasonings of choice and sprinkle them in the cavity and over the skin of the bird. Loosen the skin over the breast and thighs of the bird and work a little under there as well.
- Carving a turkey is easy - but first, an important step is to let the turkey rest for 30 minutes to re-distribute juices.
Holiday meals and turkeys are available in-store and online HERE!
Recipes and turkey carving guides are also available online HERE!
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved