(HawaiiNewsNow) - Pacific Islands Athletic Alliance (PIAA) will host its 5th Annual Early National Letter of Intent (NLI) signing day event on November 14, 2012 at the Elks Club, Waikiki beginning at 6:30 am for Hawaii H.S. athletes signing to play college sports. Athletes will arrive by 6:15 am with signing at 7:00 am. Press may arrive as early as 5:30 am.
Signing will be for athletes from the following sports: Volleyball, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Golf, Softball, Tennis, Riflery, Bowling, Women's Water Polo and any other sport with the exception of Football, Soccer, Men's Water Polo, X-Country and Track & Field.
The following student athletes are confirmed thought up to 12 more are expected to make their commitment and attend the event.
· Niki Taylor - Kaiser H.S./Imi Iki Volleyball Club - University of Hawaii
· Nunu Matagiese - Waimea H.S. Softball - University of Hawaii
· Taylor Mehealani Dayton - Punahou Volleyball - Santa Clara University
· Nayla Long - Mililani Basketball - Charleston Southern
· Isiah Kiner-Falefa - Mid Pacific Institute Baseball - San Jose State University
· Joanna Christenson - Kamehameha Kapalama Volleyball - Southern Utah University
· Analise Austin - Moanalua Volleyball - Long Island University, CW Post Campus
· Michelle Robinson - Mid Pacific Institute Volleyball - University of Montana
· Kalena Preus - Punahou Golf - University of Texas (2012 NCAA Champions)
· Pkake Kuʻuleinani Laumauna - Kamehameha Kapalama Volleyball - Southern Utah
· Abigail Lawson - Mid Pacific Volleyball - Nyack College (NY)
· Marie "Kalei" Mau- Kaiser/Asics Volleyball - University of Minnesota
· Loxley Morgan Keala - 'Iolani Volleyball - University of Missouri
· Scout Shutter - Punahou Tennis - Cal State Northridge
· Dani Puanani Mew Lin Young - Punahou Tennis - Eastern Washington University
The event will be attended by families, friends, coaches and athletic directors. The event is free and open to the public.
Information and details available HERE or call 808-226-7077.
Pacific Islands Athletic Alliance is a 501c3 non profit organization assisting Hawaii athletes secure college placement and scholarships. Since 2003 PIAA, with an all volunteer staff, has assisted in securing over $16M in athletic and academic funding, grants and financial aid for over 1200 student athletes in 13 different sports.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Hawaii News Now
420 Waiakamilo Road, Suite 205
Honolulu, HI 96817
Main (808) 847-3246
News (808) 847-1112