Man taken to hospital after suffering burns in Waianae fire - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Man taken to hospital after suffering burns in Waianae fire

Posted: Updated:
WAIANAE, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

A man in his 40's is in serious condition after suffering burns during a garage fire in Waianae.

It happened around 3 p.m. at a home on Kaukama Road.  

The man suffered burns to his legs and forearm.

Officials say the fire appeared to have started in a garage that is detached from the home.  

Fire spokesman Capt. Terry Seelig says the owner of the home uses the garage to repair motorcycles. It is unknown at this time if the bikes were being repaired when the fire started.

The fire which completely destroyed the garage also sparked a small brush fire. Both fires were brought under control by 3:30 p.m.

The man's injuries do not appear to be life threatening.

We have a crew on scene and will have the latest on Hawaii News Now.

 Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.