(HawaiiNewsNow) - On Saturday, October 27th, the Hallowbaloo Music + Arts Festival turns five and celebrates in grand fashion. Starting at 5:30pm, Nu'uanu Avenue, located in the heart of Honolulu's Chinatown Arts District, transforms into a surreal amalgamation of costumed crazies and frenzied rhythms. Approximately 15,000 people attended last year's Hallowbaloo Street Festival, and a similar number of festival goers are expected this year. Once onsite, ghouls and goblins will be greeted by music from a broad range of national and local artists - beamed forth from four outdoor stages with all entertainment being free and open to anyone and everyone. Music in the street ends at 10pm at which point the large assortment of eclectic clubs in the district comes to life. 'Club Hallowbaloo', the official title of Hallowbaloo's multi-club offering, sees over ten neighborhood venues join forces. With the purchase of just one Club Hallowbaloo wristband ($10 in advance and onsite before 7:30pm; $15 thereafter), those 21 and older may enjoy any of the establishments until 2am (NextDoor, thirtyninehotel, Bar 35, Manifest, Lotus Downtown, Adega, Indigo, The Arts at Marks Garage, TheVenue, Mecury Bar and Soho Mixed Media Bar). This year, KCRW world beat DJ, Jeremy Sole, headlines the club festivities.
On Sunday, October 28th, the festival serves up a much mellower treat, the Free Hallowbaloo Kanikapila - acoustic performances in Kapi'olani Park between 3pm and 6pm featuring ukulele hero and multi-time Na Hoku Hanohano winner, Troy Fernandez and Mike Love, praised by his local music colleagues as one of Hawaii's top singer-songwriters and instrumentalists. The Free Hallowbaloo Kanikapila gives Honolulu residents and visitors alike a chance to come together, BBQ and talk story in one of Hawaii's greatest settings.
For more information click HERE! www.hallowbaloo.com
HALLOWBALOO 2012 FESTIVAL SCHEDULE
Saturday - Oct. 27th: Free HALLOWBALOO Street Festival - 5:30pm-10pm
• Venue: Nu'uanu Avenue (between King Street & Chaplain Lane), Honolulu HI 96817
• Artists: National indie rockers Delta Spirit, Hawaii star Anuhea (Maui), New Orleans funkateer Jon Cleary backed by Steve Ferrone on drums (Average White Band, Keb Mo', Tom Petty), Ooklah the Moc (HNL), Kings of Spade (HNL), Cherry Blossom Cabaret (HNL), Black Square (HNL), Kalalea Fire (Kauai), ESKAE, Giinko Marischino (HNL), Mano Kane (HNL), Intire Project HNL), Kit Kat Club Cabaret (Maui), The Bentos (HNL), Sample (HNL), Sex Puppets (HNL), DJ J Raz (Kauai) and more to be added
Saturday - Oct. 27th: Club HALLOWBALOO - 10pm-2am
• One Wristband - Multiple Clubs
• Wristband Prices: $10 when purchased in advance or onsite before 7:30pm / $15 when purchased onsite after 7:30pm. 21 & older only
• Venues: NextDoor, thirtyninehotel, Bar 35, Manifest, Lotus Downtown, Adega, Indigo, The Arts at Marks Garage, TheVenue, Mercury Bar, Soho Mixed Media Bar
• Artists: KCRW's World Groove DJ Jeremy Sole (venue: The Arts at Marks Garage), Kalalea Fire, DJ Mr. Nick, Dancers Unlimited, The Nine Pound Hammer, Creatures of the Sea and more to be added
Sunday - Oct. 28th: Free HALLOWBALOO Kanikapila - 3pm-6pm
• Venue: Kapi'olani Park, Honolulu, HI
• Artists: Troy Fernandez (founding member of Ka'au Crater Boys), Mike Love (Paula Fuga/Dubkonscious)