(HawaiiNewsNow) - Bring the entire family to a free fun day at Kids Fest, with 30 hands-on health and wellness workshops on Sunday, October 28, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Bishop Museum. Kids Fest is offered to all Hawai'i residents and military with valid ID and is organized by Hawai'i Pacific Health and its affiliates - Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children, Pali Momi Medical Center, Straub Clinic & Hospital, and Wilcox Memorial Hospital.
Kids Fest promotes healthy active lifestyle, exercise and nutrition, and prevention of injuries. Kids will be introduced to healthy and active lifestyle choices; fun exercises; nutrition games; and information about prevention of injuries. Visit the Teddy Bear Clinic; get fit with Keiki Zumba; walk with Tucker, the therapy dog; Breathe Easy with asthma; Staying Alive with hands-only CPR; visit the Keiki Fire Safety House; participate in strength training and fitness for kids; play the Wheel of Nutrition; Keep Our Keiki Safe (learn about ocean safety, poison prevention, first aid treatment for burns; bike safety); and more.
Kids Fest Includes :
- Free admission to the Bishop Museum.
- Drawings to WIN A BIKE AND HELMET (last year 30 bicycles were given away).
- Free snacks and giveaways (while supplies last).
- Meet Bryan Clay, Olympic Gold Medalist in the Decathlon and Tumua Anae, 2012 Gold Medalist, USA Women's Water Polo.
- Enjoy the Sports Challenge: Are You Fitter than a 5th Grader - TV celebrities compete against our 5th graders. (Jennifer Robbins and Mike Cherry will be representing Hawai'i News Now)
- Meet Ronald McDonald and Lani Moo and Kawika from Meadow Gold.
- Free balloons by Balloon Monsoon.
- Enjoy Da Balloon Olympics with Chris Da Clown
Doors open to the public at 10:00 a.m. For more information, call Hawai'i Pacific Health Conference Services at (808) 522-3469 or HERE!
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.