Thursday, February 27 2014 4:50 PM EST2014-02-27 21:50:22 GMT
Bradley Dale Peveto is returning to LSU as the Tigers special teams coordinator.Peveto joined the Tigers in 2005 serving as the special teams coordinator and linebackers coach before being promoted inMore >>
Peveto joined the Tigers in 2005 serving as the special teams coordinator and linebackers coach before being promoted in 2008 to co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.More >>
Wednesday, February 26 2014 3:51 PM EST2014-02-26 20:51:28 GMT
Former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan will be guest speakers at this year's LSU Football Coaches Clinic.The clinic will be held at the PeteMore >>
Former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan will be guest speakers at this year's LSU Football Coaches Clinic.More >>
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - LSU says it has granted reserve quarterback Stephen Rivers' request to transfer after he graduates this spring, allowing him to play wherever he wants next fall. Rivers, theMore >>
LSU says it has granted reserve quarterback Stephen Rivers' request to transfer after he graduates this spring, allowing him to play wherever he wants next fall.More >>
Wednesday, February 19 2014 4:05 PM EST2014-02-19 21:05:35 GMT
After a surprising end to the 2014 recruiting trail that earned LSU the number two ranked class in the nation, the momentum hasn't stopped for the Tigers.Les Miles and LSU added two more verbal commitmentsMore >>
After a surprising end to the 2014 recruiting trail that earned LSU the number two ranked class in the nation, momentum hasn't stopped for the Tigers.More >>
Monday, February 17 2014 12:14 PM EST2014-02-17 17:14:20 GMT
With LSU's baseball team taking the diamond last week and the basketball team trying to make one of the post-season tournaments, I have to ask, is it too early to start talking LSU and SEC football? Nah,More >>
While you might be surprised at who has the toughest schedule in the SEC, the team with the weakest schedule should be no surprise at all.More >>
From SEC Sports
SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Oct. 13, 2012)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 200 • Fr. • Kerrville, Texas
• Manziel accounted for an SEC single-game record 576 total offensive yards in Texas A&M's 59-57 win at No. 23/24 Louisiana Tech. His performance bettered his SEC record of 557 yards, set earlier this year against Arkansas.
• He rushed for 181 yards on 19 carries and three touchdowns and also completed 24-of-40 passes for 395 yards with three more touchdowns and an interception.
• His 72-yard touchdown run with 2:04 left in the game put the Aggies ahead 59-44.
• His offensive total is the third highest ever for an NCAA FBS freshman and he is the first player in SEC history to have more than 500+ total offensive yards in two games.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 232 • Jr. • Theodore, Ala.
• Mosley accounted for a team-high 12 total tackles with a sack, fumble recovery and QB pressure in Alabama's 42-10 win at Missouri.
• The Crimson Tide defense held Mizzou to just 129 total yards (31 in the first half) and just three rushing yards.
• Mosley's fumble recovery at the end of the first half ended a drive that had reached the UA 9-yard line.
• Alabama's defense allowed only a field goal (MU other points on KOR) and held Mizzou to six 3-downs-and-out possessions.
• Alabama leads the nation in all major defensive categories - scoring, total, pass, rush, pass efficiency - as well as tied for first in turnover margin.
SEC Tri-SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
6-0 • 180 • Jr. • Russellville, Ark.
• Hocker hit all seven of his PAT attempts and had six touchbacks in eight attempts in Arkansas' 49-7 win against Kentucky.
5-11 • 203 • Sr. • Raleigh, N.C.
• Rose was 2-for-2 on field goals (39 & 28 yards) and hit all five of his PAT attempts as well as recording three touchbacks in Ole Miss' 41-20 win against Auburn.
Return Specialist/Wide Receiver
6-3 • 205 • Jr. • Rock Hill, S.C.
• Patterson tallied 197 all-purpose yards, including a 98-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, in Tennessee's 41-31 loss at Mississippi State.
SEC Co-OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 321 • Jr. • St. Petersburg, Fla.
• Halapio graded out a team-high among Gator offensive linemen in Florida's 31-17 win at Vanderbilt. Gators rushed for 326 yards, averaging 9.3 yards per rush, most in an SEC game since 2008.
6-3 • 305 • Sr. • Columbus, Miss.
• Graded out at 95 percent with 12 knockdown blocks, despite missing third quarter due to injury, in Mississippi State's 41-31 win against Tennessee.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-5 • 260 • Jr. • Greenwood, S.C.
• Montgomery had three tackles including two sacks and a forced fumble in LSU's 23-21 win over No. 3 South Carolina.
• The Tiger defense limited the Gamecocks to just 34 rushing yards and 211 total yards and held Carolina to just 3-of-13 third down conversions.
• He had a sack for an 11-yard loss on a third-down attempt for South Carolina late in the fourth quarter to help preserve the LSU victory.
SEC Co-FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 235 • Baton Rouge, La.
• Hill tallied career highs in yards (124) and TDs (2) on 17 attempts in LSU's 23-21 win over No. 3 South Carolina.
• His 50-yard TD run late in contest gave Tigers insurmountable 23-14 lead.
• 118 of his yards came in the second half as he became the first player to go over 100 rushing yards against South Carolina this season.
6-1 • 200 • Kerrville, Texas
• See notes from Offensive Player of the Week above.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 7
C BARRETT JONES (Alabama) -- Graded at 92 percent with no penalties, no sacks and no QB pressures against Missouri.
QB TYLER WILSON (Arkansas) -- Completed 23-of-31 passes for 372 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions against Kentucky.
RB TRE MASON (Auburn) -- Rushed for 82 yards on 18 carries and two touchdowns and had 58 kickoff return yards against Ole Miss.
QB JEFF DRISKEL (Florida) -- Rushed for career-high 177 yards and three rushing touchdowns against Vanderbilt.
P LANDON FOSTER (Kentucky) -- Punted eight times at Arkansas for a 48.4 yard average, with four for more than 50 yards.
QB BO WALLACE (Ole Miss) -- Became first player in school history to pass, rush and receive touchdowns in the same game against Auburn.
LB BERNARDRICK McKINNEY (Mississippi State) -- Freshman tallied 14 total tackles against Tennessee.
RS MARCUS MURPHY (Missouri) -- Returned kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown against Alabama - his fourth return for a score this season.
PR/WR ACE SANDERS (South Carolina) -- Returned punt 50 yards to set up South Carolina's second touchdown against LSU.
WR JORDAN MATTHEWS (Vanderbilt) -- Caught eight passes for 131 yards and a touchdown against Florida.