Moiliili man dies after apartment fire - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Moiliili man dies after apartment fire

MOILIILI (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Moiliili man who was badly burned in an apartment fire has died.

Flames destroyed Glen Doike's home on Church Lane last week Tuesday. Doike, 60, was in critical condition after two neighbors pulled him out of his burning unit.

According to the Medical Examiner's Office, he died on Saturday from multi-system organ failure due to complications of thermal burns and smoke inhalation from an accidental fire.

Honolulu Fire Department investigators believe the fire began in the living room, but they were not able to pinpoint the cause.

Doike's family said he was the youngest of three siblings, and had retired after working for Consolidated Theatres.

Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly