KULA, MAUI (HawaiiNewsNow) - Overheated equipment is to blame for a fire that caused a total of $116,000 damage to a warehouse in upcountry Maui.
Maui fire officials said the fire broke out shortly after 7:45 p.m. Saturday at 3361 Omaopio Road in Kula.
The fire damaged a 2,000 square-foot warehouse, which was used for an office, greenhouse and two bedrooms. Authorities said about a third of the structure was in flames when fire crews arrived. Firefighters were able to control the fire by 8:30 p.m.
No one was in the building when the fire occurred. Damage was estimated at $100,000 to the warehouse and $16,000 to its contents.