MARINE CORPS BASE HAWAII, KANEOHE (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Kaneohe Bay Airshow will take place on September 29-30 and is free to the public.
Marine Corps Base Hawaii asks for your cooperation in keeping potentially dangerous items off the Marine Corps Base. At ALL entry points to the air show flight line, ALL bags will be inspected, and all individuals are subject to search prior to entering the air show flight line.
To speed up the process, there will be checkpoints at all three entrances, and several additional checkpoints throughout the air show area of operation to alleviate wait times.
Please note that large bags and/or backpacks, ice chests and coolers will not be permitted. Small bags, such as purses, fanny packs, and diaper bags (8 1/2 x 11) will be permitted. It is recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of permitted items to reduce the inspection time prior to access into the flight line area.
There will be two entrance lines at each gate. One will be for people carrying bags, or other items to be inspected, and one for those with no inspection items.
The following items will not be permitted on the flight line and are subject to confiscation:
- Weapons (regardless of permit) including firearms, knives (including pocket knives
and multi-tools), replica or toy weapons, pepper spray or stun guns
- Alcoholic beverages, unless purchased from approved vendors
- Ice chests or coolers larger than 2 gallons
- Pets, other than service animals
- Glass containers
- Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, heelys (skate shoes), scooters or skateboards
- Backpacks/Bags larger than 8 1/2 x 11 inches (standard backpacks)
The following items are permitted on the flight line. All permitted items will be inspected prior to admission to the flight line. It is strongly recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of permitted items to reduce access time into the flight line area.
- Children's wagons (non-motorized)
- Small (hand carried) ice chests or coolers (No crushed ice, ice packs only) same
dimensions as the bags 8 1⁄2 x 11 x 12 (about 9 can capacity).
- Standard backpacks
- Cellular phones and pagers
- Handheld portable televisions and radios
- Fanny packs and purses, or bags 8 1/2 x 11 inches or smaller
- Food and beverages (non-alcoholic)
- Cameras and camcorders
- Folding chairs and lawn chairs
- Baby diaper bags and strollers, if attending with an infant or small child.
Please note the following:
- Unattended bags and packages will be removed from the premises, and may be destroyed.
- Neither strollers nor wheelchairs will be available for rent at the Airshow.
- Sun protection, including hat, long-sleeved shirts and long pants and sun screen are recommended.
- Water will be available for purchase throughout the Air Show area.
- Wear comfortable footgear; the flight line is paved and you may walk long distances.
- Air Show Information Line
(808) 257-INFO (4636)
Blue Angels Performance Times
Is is it possible to find out what time the Blue Angels will actually perform?
MCBH says that because the show is event driven there is no way to know what time the Blue Angles will actually perform. However, there are many special events all day long, carnival rides, car show, lots of food and drink, military and civilian aircraft static displays, two of the top female aerobatic performers, head to head aerobatic performances, special FX to include "wall of flame". The reason the air show is two days long is because there is so much to do it could take 2 days to enjoy it all.
Click HERE to more information on 2012 Kaneohe Bay Airshow.