Wednesday, April 16 2014 11:46 PM EDT2014-04-17 03:46:13 GMT
From LSU Sports BATON ROUGE –LSU has added a home-and-home series with Syracuse in football starting with a game at the Carrier Dome in 2015, LSU Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Joe AllevaMore >>
LSU football has added a home-and-home series with Syracuse starting in 2015. LSU also announced that the Tigers will open the 2015 season against McNeese State in Tiger Stadium.More >>
Wednesday, April 16 2014 11:30 PM EDT2014-04-17 03:30:36 GMT
From LSU Sports BATON ROUGE – LSU's season-opener against Wisconsin on Aug. 30 at Reliant Stadium in Houston will kickoff at 8 p.m. CT and will be televised by ESPN, the Southeastern Conference and theMore >>
LSU's season-opener against Wisconsin on Aug. 30 at Reliant Stadium in Houston will kickoff at 8 p.m. CT and will be televised by ESPN.More >>
Wednesday, April 9 2014 5:30 PM EDT2014-04-09 21:30:55 GMT
With the NFL draft a month away, the LSU football players looking to move on to the next level are down to few opportunities left to show teams their worth. LSU reported 17 players from the 2013 squadMore >>
With the NFL draft a month away, the LSU football players looking to move on to the next level are down to few opportunities left to show teams their worth.More >>
Saturday, April 5 2014 8:50 PM EDT2014-04-06 00:50:37 GMT
Fans started filing into Tiger Stadium around 11:30 a.m. for the LSU Spring Game on Saturday. Many of them got their first look at the new south deck of the stadium, which is set to debut on Sept. 6, 2014. WhiteMore >>
True freshman quarterback Brandon Harris finished with four touchdowns, as White beat Purple 42-14 in the LSU Spring Game on Saturday.More >>
Monday, March 31 2014 3:24 PM EDT2014-03-31 19:24:33 GMT
BATON ROUGE – For the first time, LSU and UCLA will meet on the football field as the schools have agreed to a home-and-home series starting in 2021 in the Rose Bowl, LSU Vice Chancellor and Director ofMore >>
LSU will face UCLA in Pasadena, Calif., at the historic Rose Bowl on Sept. 4, 2021.More >>
BATON ROUGE – LSU defensive end Sam Montgomery has been named the Southeastern Conference Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in Saturday's 12-10 road win over Auburn.
Montgomery, a junior from Greenwood, S.C., had four tackles, 3.5 of which went for losses in LSU's win over Auburn. Montgomery's first tackle for loss resulted in a safety and gave LSU a 2-0 first quarter advantage. Montgomery added a sack for a 5-yard loss and also had 2.5 tackles that resulted in nine yards in losses in the LSU victory.
As a unit, Montgomery led an LSU defense that limited Auburn to just nine first downs and 183 total yards (86 rushing, 97 passing). Auburn's longest drive of the game covered just 42 yards and they got inside the LSU 25-yard line just twice, one of which came after an LSU fumble that gave Auburn the ball at the LSU 26-yard line.
The SEC honor is the second for Montgomery this year as he was named the league's defensive lineman of the week for his play in the 41-3 win over Washington in week 2.
SEC Co-OFFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 209 • Sr. • Texarkana, Texas
• Hamilton set an SEC record with 303 receiving yards on 10 catches and three touchdowns in Arkansas' 35-26 loss to Rutgers. The yardage total is the most in NCAA FBS this season and 14th highest in FBS history and the average per catch (30.3) is also an SEC record.
6-1 • 207 • Jr. • Flowery Branch, Ga.
• Shaw completed 20-of-21 passes for 249 yards and two touchdowns and connected on a school-record 20 consecutive passes in South Carolina's 31-10 win over Missouri. The completion percentage is a school record and second highest in SEC history. The 20 consecutive passes is 2nd in SEC history and streak is active going into Gamecocks' next contest (SEC record: 24 by Tee Martin, UT, 1998).
SEC Co-SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
5-8 • 175 • Jr. • Bradenton, Fla.
• Sanders had six punt returns for 106 yards including a 49-yard return in South Carolina's 31-10 win over Missouri. The 49-yard return set up the Gamecocks' first score of the game. Sanders also had a 23-yard TD scoring catch in the game.
6-0 • 175 • Livingston, Texas
• Harris set a school and SEC record with 246 punt return yards on eight returns in Texas A&M's 70-14 win over South Carolina State, including a 96-yard return for a score, which is the second-longest in Aggie history.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-5 • 330 • So. • Jackson, Miss.
• Morris helped Ole Miss amass 450 total yards, including 304 on the ground, in a 39-0 win at Tulane.
• The Rebels eclipsed 300 rushing yards for the second time this season.
• Morris has started all three games at left guard and seven of the last nine dating back to last season.
• The Rebels lead the SEC and rank 11th nationally in rushing offense (259.8 yards per game).
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
OMAR HUNTER Nose Tackle
6-0 • 313 • Sr. • Buford, Ga.
• Hunter had a career-high and team-leading eight tackles (three solos) in Florida's 38-0 win against Kentucky.
• He helped lead a defensive unit that shut out an SEC opponent for the first time in 11 seasons (since 2001, def. Miss. State, 52-0).
• The Gator defense allowed just 60 passing yards and held the Wildcats to 4-of-15 on third down conversions.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
TODD GURLEY Tailback
6-1 • 218 • Tarboro, N.C.
• Gurley registered his third career 100+ yard game in four contests after carrying the ball 16 times for a career-high 130 yards (8.1 avg.) and two touchdowns during Georgia's 48-3 win against Vanderbilt.
• He leads the SEC in rushing (101.5 yards per game), scoring (10.5 points per game) and all-purpose yardage (164.2 yards per game).
• The Bulldogs have scored 40 points in four consecutive games for the first time in school history.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 4
LB C.J. MOSLEY (Alabama) -- Led Tide with six total tackles and a half-sack against Florida Atlantic.
OT D.J. FLUKER (Alabama) -- Graded out at 92 percent with three pancake blocks, no pressures, sacks or penalties against Florida Atlantic.
FS DEMETRUCE McNEAL (Auburn) -- Had team high 11 stops (4 solos) with 1.5 for losses (-3 yards) against LSU.
DB JAYLEN WATKINS (Florida) -- Returned interception 26 yards for a touchdown and also had two tackles against Kentucky.
OLB JARVIS JONES (Georgia) -- Tallied seven tackles, with three for losses (-22 yards), including a sack, against Vanderbilt.
LB ALVIN DUPREE (Kentucky) -- Had eight tackles (5 solos) with a sack (-6 yards) against Florida.
DB MICAH EUGENE (LSU) -- Freshman had three tackles, including two sacks, against Auburn.
DB TRAE ELSTON (Ole Miss) -- Led Rebels with six tackles and a sack in first career start against Tulane.
DB JOHNTHAN BANKS (Mississippi State) -- Had three tackles, an interceptions, two pass deflections and a tackle for loss against South Alabama.
RB LADARIUS PERKINS (Mississippi State) -- Had 69 yards rushing on 11 carries and a TD against South Alabama.
LB WILL EBNER (Missouri) -- Had game-high 14 tackles (11 solos) with one for a loss against South Carolina.
QB TYLER BRAY (Tennessee) -- Completed 27-of-43 passes for 401 yards with four TDs and one interception against Akron.
PK DERRICK BRODUS (Tennessee) -- Tallied 17 points, making all four of his FG attempts and all five of his PAT attempts against Akron.
QB JOHNNY MANZIEL (Texas A&M) -- Passed for 174 yards (15-of-20) and three touchdowns and rushed for 78 yards on eight carries and two touchdowns against South Carolina State.
WR JORDAN MATTHEWS (Vanderbilt) -- Had game-high 8 catches for 119 yards against Georgia.
Friday, April 18 2014 12:47 PM EDT2014-04-18 16:47:53 GMT
(RNN) - Three more SEC teams have their spring football games on Saturday, April 19 as the spring practice season winds down. Auburn's A-Day Game will be televised on ESPN at 3 p.m. ET. The Tigers willMore >>
Auburn, Alabama and Missouri will finish up spring practice with spring games. Auburn and the Crimson Tide will have their A-Day games televised.More >>
An independent report says the University of Missouri failed to follow parts of the federal law that governs sexual harassment when handling the case of a former swimmer's suicide.More >>
An independent report released Friday says the University of Missouri failed to follow parts of the federal law that governs sexual harassment on campus when handling the case of a former swimmer's suicide.More >>
Tuesday, December 31 2013 7:40 PM EST2014-01-01 00:40:18 GMT
The Mississippi State Bulldogs close out their football season this afternoon against Conference USA champs Rice University in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl in Memphis. Kick off is slated for 3 p.m. TheMore >>
Dak Prescott threw three touchdown passes and ran for two more scores and Mississippi State trounced Rice 44-7 on Tuesday in the most one-sided Liberty Bowl victory in the game's 55-year history.More >>