At least 13 businesses at the Ewa Beach Shopping Center and several buildings at Ewa Beach Elementary School have been evacuated because of a gas leak.
The Gas Company says the leak happened on Fort Weaver Road near the school.
Officials say a 2,000 gallon propane tank was being filled when a pressure release valve malfunctioned, leading to a small amount of gas leaking out.
Around 200 students and staff were evacuated from Ewa Beach Elementary while 150 patrons and workers were evacuated from shopping center.
Fire officials say there was no ignition, fire or explosions and that they are on scene to isolate the area while the Gas Company fixes the leak.
Stay with HawaiiNewsNow.com for the latest updates.