Coming up at 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Hawaii News Now...
- From the Honolulu City Council to a Democratic rising star, Congressional candidate Tulsi Gabbard takes a spot on the national stage at the DNC. We'll take a look back at a career that has come far in a very short time.
- A University of Hawaii search committee rejected requests from some U.H. Manoa coaches to immediately appoint acting athletics director, Rockne Freitas, to the job permanently. Our Keoki Kerr was the only reporter at today's meeting. He'll have more at 5 p.m.
- A former Navy Seal could be a lot of trouble. He authored the book, "No Easy Day," a memoir about the mission to take out Osama bin Laden. The book is number one on Amazon's best-seller list.
- A Maui charitable organization is under investigation tonight. The State Attorney General has questions about how the "Wailuku Main Street Association" has handled charitable donations and the salary of its Executive Director. Rick Daysog is covering that story.
- And in weather, Guy Hagi will the latest on today's severe weather "Red Flag" warning.
That's all tonight when you join Stephanie Lum and me for Hawaii News Now at 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.