Friday, August 29 2014 1:50 PM EDT2014-08-29 17:50:07 GMT
The ex-wife of an Arizona shooting range instructor accidentally killed by a 9-year-old girl learning to use an Uzi said Friday that her family plans to write the child a letter to comfort her.More >>
The accidental killing of a firing range instructor by a 9-year-old girl learning to shoot an Uzi unleashed a storm of criticism and anger, with much of it aimed at her parents.More >>
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -
The University of Hawaii at Manoa announced the formation of a "Search Advisory Committee" on Thursday evening as the school prepares to move forward in its search for an Athletics Director to replace Jim Donovan.
According to the school, Howard Karr, chair emeritus of the UH Board of Regents, will chair the search committee, while head football coach Norm Chow will serve as committee vice chair.
The rest of the committee includes:
· Keith Amemiya, Executive Administrator and Secretary, UH Board of Regents
· Laura Beeman, Head Coach, Women's Basketball, UH Mânoa
· Bob Harrison, CEO and President, First Hawaiian Bank
· Peter Ho, Chairman, President and CEO, Bank of Hawai‘i
· Mike McCartney, President and CEO, Hawai‘i Tourism Authority
· Diane Nakashima, APT representative, UH Mânoa
· Peter Nicholson, Faculty Athletics Representative, UH Mânoa
· Mark Polivka, Chairman, ‘Ahahui Koa Ânuenue
· Teena Rasmussen, Regent Emeritus, UH Board of Regents
· David Shoji, Head Coach, Women's Volleyball, UH Mânoa
· Student athlete representative – to be named.
"We thank this stellar group of leaders for volunteering their time to find the right person to become Athletics Director, as we embark on a new level of competition in football as part of the Mountain West, and all other sports as part of the Big West," said UH Chancellor Tom Apple.
The committee will decide whether to employ a search firm to help find Donovan's replacement..
University of Hawaii Vice President Rockne Freitas will continue in his role as acting Athletics Director while the search is underway.