The student gunman who admitted to fatally shooting three students and wounding two others at Chardon High School will be tried as an adult.
The decision was made during a morning hearing for T.J. Lane.
During the hearing, Lane admitted to the shooting, and said he shot the victims in the head because he didn't want them to suffer. He said he had no idea how many people he shot. He also admitted to wearing a t-shirt to school that day that said "killer."
The deadly shootings occurred just before the start of classes on February 27 in the area of the High School's cafeteria.
Lane said he got the gun from his uncle's house the night before the rampage.
17-year-old Russell King, Jr., 16-year-old Daniel Parmertor and 16-year-old Demetrius Hewlin were killed. 17-year-old Nick Walczak and 18-year-old Joy Rickers have been released from the hospital. Nick's spinal cord was injured, and he is paralyzed from the waist down.
Lane is charged with three counts of aggravated murder, two counts of attempted aggravated murder and one count of felonious assault for the student snipped in the ear.
The 17-year-old was found competent to stand trial earlier this month.