A man is recovering from burns after a fire gutted a handi-van he was sleeping in.
The blaze broke out on a small farm property on Puuiki Street in Waialua Monday afternoon.
The 50-year-old man was asleep in the trailer when the fire started. He managed to escape, but was hospitalized in serious condition after suffering some burns.
The injured man and his wife converted the handi-van into a dwelling along with a shed used to store farm supplies. The fire caused an estimated $7,500 in damage.
The couple is now homeless.