LANAI (HawaiiNewsNow) - Four Seasons Resorts Lanai, in partnership with the Lanai community, HawaiiONTV.com and Jazz Alley TV, announces the second annual Lanai Ukulele Festival April 13-15, 2012. The alluring sounds of the ukulele will sweep the island - from the beaches of Manele Bay to the upcountry of The Lodge at Koele. Throughout the three-day free event guests will be treated to complimentary performances by legendary performers, including Grammy winners Richard Ho`opi`i and Kawika Kahiapo, Byron Yasui, CJ "Boom" Helekahi, Benny Uyetake, Hula Honeys, Lanai Kupuna Ukulele Group and Kalama School Ukulele Band, plus Hawaiian language and ukulele workshops with Kaliko Beamer Trapp.
The schedule of events include:
• Manele Bay - Friday, April 13, 2012; 6:00 - 9:00 pm. Ukulele music under the stars with special performances by Richard Ho`opi`i, Kawaika Kahiapo, Byron Yasui, CJ "Boom" Helekahi, Hula Honeys, and Benny Uyetake.
• Coffee Works - Saturday, April 14, 2012; 9:00 - 11:00 am. A morning of harmonious music with Benny Uyetake.
Café 565 - Saturday, April 14, 2012; 11:00 am - 1:00 pm. Live music in Lanai City during lunch with CJ "Boom" Helekahi.
• The Lodge at Koele - Saturday, April 14, 2012; 4:00 - 8:00 pm. The Great Hall will come alive with an afternoon of award winning ukulele music. The line-up includes ukulele falsetto legend Richard Ho`opi`i, Kawika Kahiapo, Byron Yasui, CJ "Boom" Helekahi, Benny Uyetake, Hula Honeys, Lâna'i Kapuna Ukulele Group, and Kalama School Ukulele Band. In addition to the music, there will be Hawaiian language and ukulele workshops with Kaliko Beamer Trapp.
• Blue Ginger Cafe - Sunday, April 15, 2012; 9:00 - 11:30 am. The day begins with a morning jam session featuring Benny Uyetake.
• The Lodge at Koele - Sunday, April 15, 2012; 10:00 am - 12:00 pm. Enjoy a relaxing Sunday morning with brunch at The Terrace and listen to music by Kawika Kahiapo.
• The Lodge at Koele - Sunday, April 15, 2012; 7:00 - 9:00 pm. The festival concludes with an evening jam session in Great Hall with Byron Yasui.
Four Seasons Resorts Lanai is offering a special accommodations package for Hawaii residents, with rates starting at USD 199.00 per night at Manele Bay and USD 179.00 per night at The Lodge at Koele. To make room reservations, call toll-free at 800 321 4666 and ask for the Lanai Ukulele Festival Package . The package is valid for new bookings for travel April 13-15, 2012, and rates listed are per room, per night, based on single or double occupancy , and are subject to availability. Tax and service charge additional.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved
Hawaii News Now
420 Waiakamilo Road, Suite 205
Honolulu, HI 96817
Main (808) 847-3246
News (808) 847-1112