HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Governor Neil Abercrombie announced Monday the appointments of members to various boards and commissions including the Stadium Authority and University of Hawaii Board of Regents.
The appointments to fill six seats on the UH Board of Regents include:
- Benjamin Kudo, at-large seat
- Tom Shigemoto, Kauai County seat
- John Dean, Honolulu seat
- Barry Mizuno, Hawaii County seat
- Carl Carlson, Hawaii County seat
- Jeffrey Acido, student seat
The appointments to fill three vacancies for three-year terms on the Stadium Authority include:
- Odetta Fujiwara, a former teacher and President of the Hawaii State Teachers Association.
- Scot Long, the Business Manager/Financial Secretary for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local Union 1357.
- Edward Hasegawa, served on an interim basis since December 2011 and is being appointed to continue to serve.