HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The City and County of Honolulu's Department of Environmental Services has eight major sewer projects in March that may impact roadways and traffic on Oahu.
The projects include:
- Beachwalk Wastewater Pump Station to Ala Moana Park Sewer Phase 1, Force Main System – Installation of a new sewer line along Ala Moana Boulevard (between Atkinson Drive and Ala Wai Canal), and along Ala Wai Boulevard (between Kalakaua Avenue to the dead end of Ala Wai Boulevard).
- Houghtailing Street Area Sewer Rehabilitation – Sewer rehabilitation work in Kamehameha Heights area on various streets within the area bordered by North School Street, Kokea Street, Kamalii Street, Aulii Street, Ilima Drive, Makanani Drive and Kapalama Drive.
- Kalakaua Avenue Sewer Rehabilitation – Open-cut trench digging replacing 1,500 lineal feet of 6- and 8-inch sewer pipe along Kalakaua Avenue between Philip Street and Kapiolani Boulevard.
- Makaha Interceptor Sewer Rehabilitation/Replacement – Sewer rehabilitation work along Farrington Highway between Ala Hema Street and Leihoku Street and along Pokai Bay Street.
- Saint Louis Heights Sewer Rehabilitation – Sewer rehabilitation work on various streets with the area bordered by Bertram Street, Kaminaka Drive, Saint Louis Drive and Dole Street.
- Sewer Manhole and Pipe Rehabilitation at Various Locations Phase 2 – Sewer rehabilitation work along Nimitz Highway between Pacific Street and Sumner Street.
- Waikiki Sewer Rehabilitation – Sewer rehabilitation work along Kuhio Avenue between Kuamoo Street and Kaiulani Avenue.
- Wilhelmina Rise Sewer Rehabilitation – Sewer rehabilitation work in Wilhelmina Rise area on various streets within the area bordered by Paula Drive, Lurline Drive, Wilhelmina Rise, Keanu Street and Claudine Street.
Approximately 122 projects are underway focused on Oahu's wastewater treatment plants, pump stations and collection system. These projects are part of $533 million of ongoing wastewater projects, including planning, designing, construction, project management and equipment project phases.