WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow) - A weekend event at Halekulani combined fine food with rare wines, for an unforgettable experience.
The hotel partnered with renowned Bordeaux Grand Cru Classé estates Château Rauzan-Ségla and Château Canon, owned by iconic fashion house Chanel, and flew in staff and wines from France just for this event. This special event is part of the Halekulani Living luxury lifestyle series, offering events which cater to distinct interests and cultural desires of Halekulani's guests and patrons.
Bruno Chevalier, Master Chef of Château Rauzan-Ségla and Château Canon, custom designed and prepared the 5 course menu. John Kolasa, Managing Director of both Châteaux, selected the wines which were flown in for the event directly from the châteaux, including the rare 1966 Château Canon in magnum and the 1986 Château Rauzan-Ségla (rated at 96 points by Robert Parker.)
"We are excited to have partnered with these legendary, iconic Margaux and St Emilion estates on the occasion of Château Rauzan-Ségla's 350th anniversary year, and to be able to share with our guests such rare vintage wines. This was an unique event not to be missed," said Chief Operating Officer Peter Shaindlin.
The $395/per person event was on Saturday, February 4, 2012 and featured:
- DELAMOTTE BLANC DE BLANCS, BRUT NV
- Hen Consommé with Foie Gras, Sliced Scallops and Truffles
- CHÂTEAU CANON 2003, St Emilion, 1st Classified Growth
- CHÂTEAU CANON 2000, St Emilion, 1st Classified Growth
- Veal Sweetbreads Pan Fried in Hazelnut Oil, Lentils Cooked with Bacon and Chanterelles
- CHÂTEAU RAUZAN–SÉGLA 2001, Margaux Classified Growth
- CHÂTEAU RAUZAN–SÉGLA 1995, Margaux Classified Growth
- Warm Lobster Tail, Chicken Oyster, Cèpes and Toasted Pine Nuts
- CHÂTEAU RAUZAN–SÉGLA 1989, Margaux Classified Growth
- CHÂTEAU RAUZAN–SÉGLA 1986, Margaux Classified Growth
- Roasted Double Loin Lamb Chop Crusted with Tarragon and Almonds, Barbajuan with Lamb Shoulder Confit,
- Artichoke Heart Stuffed with Vegetables and Comté Cheese
- CHÂTEAU CANON 1998, St Emilion, 1st Classified Growth
- CHÂTEAU CANON 1966, St Emilion, 1st Classified Growth
- Kaffir Lime Cake with Red Fruits & Rhubarb
- CHÂTEAU ROUMIEU-LACOSTE 2006, Sauternes
- Coffee or Tea