HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Honolulu firefighters are cleaning up after a fire was reported at the Pan Am Building late Wednesday night.
The fire broke at 11:27 p.m. in the Dentech International Laboratory Suite on the 13th floor caused by electrical malfunction of equipment in the office.
According to officials, the fire activated a single sprinkler head, which confined the fire to that room. The water then spread throughout the 13th floor and down to the 12th, 11th and 10th floors.
Fire officials say the cost of the damages have not yet been determined.
Currently, the entire 13th floor is closed for clean up. Some tenants on the 12th floor will try to open for business. The 11th floor will not open until everything has been restored. The 10th floor should not be affected.
Officials recommend the public to call and check with any business on those floors in case they shut down operations on Thursday.