HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The second annual Lanai Jazz Festival takes place January 13-15, 2012.
Jazz enthusiasts and novices will be treated to free performances by legendary performers including Grammy winner Skip Martin from Dazz Band and Kool & the Gang; Jazz ukulele duo Benny Chong and Byron Yasui; saxophone master David Choy; jazz guitarists Benny Uyetake and Robbie Ray; and Jazz Alley TV trio Sal Godinez, Doug White and Paul Marchetti.
The schedule of events include:
Friday, January 13
- Manele Bay - 6:00-9:00 pm. Seaside music in Ihilani with special performances by Skip Martin, Benny Chong, Byron Yasui, David Choy, Benny Uyetake, Sal Godinez, Paul Marchetti, and Doug White. Guests may also enjoy a special Jazz Duo and Trio dinner in Ihilani during the performance. Advanced reservations are required for this special dinner.
Saturday, January 14
- Coffee Works - 9:00-11:00 am. The morning starts with a cup of "Joe" and Jazz Guitarist Benny Uyetake's java jam session.
- Cafe 565 - 11:00 am-1:00 pm. Live music in Lana'i City during lunch with jazz guitarist Robbie Ray.
- The Lodge at Koele - 4:00-8:00 pm. The Great Hall will come alive with an afternoon of award winning jazz music. The line-up includes Skip Martin, Benny Chong, Byron Yatsui, David Choy, Benny Uyetake, Sal Godinez, Doug White, and Paul Marchetti. Following the performances, guests may enjoy a special pupus menu or Jazz Duo and Trio dinner in the Music Room.
Sunday, January 15
- Blue Ginger Cafe - 9:00 am-12:00 pm. Special morning performance by jazz guitarist Benny Uyetake.
- The Lodge at Koele - 10:00 am-12:00 pm. Hana Hou performance with jazz pianist Sal Godinez in the Great Hall.
Four Seasons Resorts Lanai is offering a special accommodations package for Hawaii residents with rates starting at USD 199.00 per night at Manele Bay and USD 179.00 per night at The Lodge at Koele. For more information or to make room reservations, call toll-free at 800 321 4666 and ask for the Lana'i Jazz Festival Package. The package is valid for new bookings for travel January 13-16, 2012 and rates listed are per room, per night, based on single or double occupancy, and are subject to availability. Tax and service charge additional.