HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Now that the Sunrise Slimdown Challenge is officially underway, we decided to bring in an expert to get us started.
Sheri Doty, a personal trainer at the Hawaii Athletic Club, has the following tips:
- Seek professional help before starting a new weight loss program (trainer, doctor, etc.)
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal. The water will help you feel full faster.
- Remember the inspiration or goal for your weight loss and keep it top of mind (e.g. a photo of a celebrity, your favorite red dress, your upcoming high school reunion).
- Let others help you stay on track (e.g. share your progress with a close friend or post updates on Facebook).
- Remember, weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. Make lifestyle changes, don't rely on drastic diets for the short-term.
The Hawaii Athletic Club offers an unlimited personal training membership that includes full club privleges and no restrictions. It costs $250 per month and includes personal training sessions, classes in aerobics, cycling, yoga and kajukenbo martial arts, full weight room facility, full cardiovascular room, diet and nutritional counseling, full locker rooms with amenities and free validated parking.
The Hawaii Athetlic Club is located at Aloha Tower Marketplace. For more information, call (808) 537-1131 or visit http://hawaiiathleticclub.com.
Monday-Friday: 5:00 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday: 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.