MAUI (HawaiiNewsNow) - Maui County police are getting ready for a new series of town hall meetings.
Police Chief Gary Yabuta wants to bring the police department closer to the communities it serves, according to the Maui News.
Residents are encouraged to bring questions and concerns, and learn about new programs being initiated in the communities in which they live.
The town hall meetings include the following:
- Lanai High School Cafeteria, Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2012 at 6 p.m.
- Wailuku Community Center, Thursday, Jan. 12, 2012 at 6 p.m.
- Lahaina Civic Center, Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012 at 6 p.m.
- Mitchell Pauole Center, Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2012 at 6 p.m.
- Kihei Community Center, Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2012 at 6 p.m.
- Pukalani Community Center, Thursday, Feb. 2, 2012 at 6 p.m.
The town hall meeting for the Hana district has not yet been determined.