HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The University of Hawaii Athletics Department has received 42 applications for its vacant head football coach position as of Wednesday afternoon.
The recruitment period is continuous and the six-member search advisory committee has begun reviewing applications.
The committee membership is:
1. Dr. Rockne Freitas, Vice President for Student Affairs and University/Community Relations at the University of Hawai'i and former All-Pro Professional football player with the Detroit Lions.
2. Peter Ho, Bank of Hawaii Chairman, President & CEO
3. Bert Kobayashi, Jr. Partner, Kobayashi, Sugita & Goda
4. Duane Kurisu, entrepreneur, owner, PacificBasin Communications and Hawai'i Sports Network, and the San Francisco Giants
5. Dr. Edison Miyawaki, Cincinnati Bengals football team minority owner, Hawai'i Health I and II
6. Jean Rolles, Vice President of Community Affairs, Outrigger Enterprises, Inc.