HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow)- HIFF is starting again in Hawaii and tickets are on sale. Chuck Boller joins Dan Cooke to talk story about Hawaii's best film festival.
- Hawaii International Film Festival presented by Halekulani is only a couple weeks away on Oct. 13-23.
- We're showing 212 films with 25 world premieres
- Opening night film (THE FRONT LINE, great Korean film that is also the Korean entry for the Oscars Best Foreign Language film)
- Centerpiece film (PINA 3D, HIFF's first ever 3D film)
- Closing night film (THE DESCENDANTS, George Clooney film that is massively successful at film festivals around the world so far. It is based off of the book by local author Kaui Hart Hemmings and was also filmed here)
- An event that night, our Sneak Peek screening of our HIFF trailer and screening of a film to be announced.
- It starts at 6:30 PM at Regal Dole Cannery Stadium 18 Theatres and IMAX and is open to all HIFF members. The public can come join the event by purchasing a HIFF membership at the door or at hiff.org.