Inhaler use may have killed asthmatic Hawaii student - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Inhaler use may have killed asthmatic Hawaii student

Sascha Franzel Sascha Franzel

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) - Doctors say a 19-year-old student at the Colorado State University may have died because she inadvertently used her asthma inhaler too much the evening she died.

A candlelight vigil was held at the school for Sascha Franzel of Honolulu on Monday. Franzel was taken to Poudre Valley Hospital on Saturday night where she was pronounced dead after she was found by a roommate.

According to the Fort Collins Coloradoan (http://bit.ly/qG67T9), the official cause of death won't be available for several weeks.

Franzel's mother told the newspaper that Sascha suffered from severe asthma and nearly died last November.

More than 200 people turned out for the vigil, which lasted for more than two hours.

Information from: Fort Collins Coloradoan, http://www.coloradoan.com

Related Headline:

Mid-Pac graduate dies in Colorado

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly