Man injured in Waikiki high-rise fire - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Man injured in Waikiki high-rise fire

WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow) - A man in his 50s was injured when a fire broke out in his seventh-floor apartment in Waikiki early Sunday morning.

Honolulu Fire investigators said the blaze was reported at 12:44 a.m. in the Aloha Lani building on Ala Wai Blvd. It took fire crews only eleven minutes to extinguish the fire, which was caused by unattended cooking.

According to authorities, the man sustained burns to his hands.

Damages were estimated at $20,000 to the apartment and $5,000 to its contents.

Copyright 2011 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly