KÂNE‘OHE BAY (HawaiiNewsNow) –Windward Mall has partnered with ‘Nalo Farms to double the size of the mall's current farmers market. The expanded foodie affair includes more fresh produce and a larger selection of locally made food products like honey, tropical flavored jellies and jams, freshly baked breads, seafood including smoked fish and slipper lobster tails, and more. In addition, Farmers Market at Windward Mall by ‘Nalo Farms shoppers can browse through rows of beautiful and fragrant locally-grown flowers.
The market is held every Wednesday on the upper and lower levels of the Macy's wing where the weather is always perfect and finding parking is never an issue. Hours are currently 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., but starting September 7, the market will start and finish 30 minutes earlier allowing shoppers to buy their produce before dinnertime!
Windward Mall will host a Special Fresh Market on Sunday, September 4 from 12 noon to 5 p.m. to celebrate the grand opening of this new partnership.
To celebrate this brand new partnership, a special grand opening event will take place on Sunday, September 4 from 12 noon to 5 p.m. Join us to learn how to bring fresh produce to the table through two cooking demos that use fresh market produce to create healthy and delicious dishes.
The Special Sunday Fresh Market schedule includes the following fun events and cooking demonstrations:
• Noon – A traditional Hawaiian blessing
• Noon to 2 p.m. – Arts & Crafts sponsored by Little People Hawaii
• 2 p.m. – Join Chef Raymond of Pah Ke's to learn how to use local produce to make tasty Chinese cuisine
• 3 p.m. – Ruby Tuesday's chef shows us how to create some of America's favorite dishes using local products
• 4 p.m. – Zumba and yoga demos by instructors from 24/7 Dance Studio show us that exercising can be fun!
• Enter to win a gift basket from the market from 12 noon to 5 p.m.
The Farmers Market still has a few spots available for vendors with unique products or locally grown produce. To find out more information about the farmers market or to inquire about vending, please call Wendy Gady at 225-9835 or fill out an online application at http://www.windwardmall.com.
Hawaii News Now
420 Waiakamilo Road, Suite 205
Honolulu, HI 96817
Main (808) 847-3246
News (808) 847-1112