Lanai (HawaiiNewsNow) - Four Seasons Resorts Lana'i, in partnership with the Lana'i community, HawaiiONTV.com and Jazz Alley TV, is pleased to announce the first annual Lana'i Slack Key Guitar Festival August 26-27, 2011. The alluring sounds of the slack key guitar will sweep the island – from the beaches of Manele Bay to the upcountry of The Lodge at Koele. Throughout the two-day event guests will be treated to complimentary performances by Grammy Award and Na Hoku Hanohano winners, including John Keawe, Sonny Lim, Dennis Kamakahi, Kevin Brown, Cindy Combs, Benny Uyetake, and Brother Noland.
"Following the success of July's first annual Lana'i Ukulele Festival, Four Seasons is honored to host another music and cultural festival with such revered artists gracing our stage to perform for the Lana'i community and Resort guests," said Tom Roelens, General Manager of Four Seasons Resorts Lana'i. "We understand the importance of the arts and are privileged to be able to assist with bringing the Lana'i Slack Key Guitar Festival to the island for all to enjoy."
The schedule of events include:
- Manele Bay - Friday, August 26, 2011; 6:00-9:00 p.m. Legendary performers take to the stage for an enchanting evening of the slack key guitar with John Keawe, Sonny Lim and Brother Noland.
- Coffee Works – Saturday, August 27, 2011; 9:00-11:00 a.m. Start the morning with a ‘Cup of Joe' at the Slack Key Java Jam with Kevin Brown.
- Café 565 – Saturday, August 27, 2011; 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Enjoy live music in Lana‘i City during lunch.
- The Lodge at Koele – Saturday, August 27; 12:30-1:15 p.m. John Keawe will be offering a complimentary Slack Key workshop in the Music Room, while Hope Keawe offers a Hula workshop on the Croquet lawn.
- The Lodge at Koele - Saturday, August 27, 2011; 3:00-7:00 p.m. The Great Hall will come alive with an afternoon of award winning slack key music. The line-up includes Dennis Kamakahi, John Keawe, Sonny Lim, Cindy Combs, Brother Noland, Kevin Brown, and a hula performance by Hope Keawe.
- The Lodge at Koele – Saturday August 27, 2011; 8:00-10:00 p.m. The music continues with the Ki Ho'alu Fireside Jam in the Great Hall with Grammy winning performances by the talented musicians.
Four Seasons Resorts Lana'i is offering a special accommodations package for Hawaii residents, with rates starting at $199 per night at Manele Bay and $179 per night at The Lodge at Koele. For more information or to make room reservations, please call toll-free at (800) 321-4666 and ask for the Lana'i Slack Key Guitar Festival Package. The package is valid for new bookings for travel August 26-28, 2011 and rates listed are per room, per night, based on single or double occupancy, and are subject to availability. Tax and service charge additional.
Visit www.lanaiukulelefestival.com for additional event details.