HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - There is no question that for many of us, pets are important members of our family. When it comes to buying or selling a home, there are things to consider if you are a pet owner. Jane Chu, a Realtor-Associate with Coldwell Banker joined us on Sunrise with some great advice. Check out the video.. along with the info below.
It is important for potential buyers to be able to see themselves living in your home. They may or may not be pet friendly people.
- Minimize pet bowls, beds.
- Eliminate odor
- Fix any pet damage
Make plans for keeping your pet safe/quiet when your home is being toured.
- Take your pet with you and spend some quality time with them.
- Leave your pet with a friend.
- Do not leave your pet in a closed room. In this case, your pet may get out. If the door is locked, that will be a turn-off for potential buyers who want to see the entire home.
Understand the neighborhood. Does it have a lot of pets? Is it conducive to walking your dog?
If you're looking at Condominiums, find out what their pet policy is.
- There are some that allow all pets
- Some limit the number or size of pets
- Others may not even allow birds or fish.